LifeintheLBK.com exists for you. To be fair, I do love what I do. I love meeting new people, finding great places, and sharing it with others. But this site exists to bring all of that to you, to make your local LBK experience a little better.
What you’ll find here:
Everything I promote is going to be unique to Lubbock. Hear me now: I am not against any sort of chain. Not at all. But, I love unique, locally based businesses that can’t be found anywhere else, and so those are the places I choose to promote to you—not because there is anything wrong with a chain business, but because I want you to have a great, unique experience that you could only find in the LBK. The only time there will be an exception to this rule is if there is a situation that I feel like you need to hear about.
I try to post something at least 3 times a week, more often if I can. Most of the things I post will fall into the following categories:
- Eat in the LBK—the inside scoop on great places to eat, right here in the LBK.
- Buy in the LBK—tips on great places to buy services, cars, and other big purchases you might make.
- Shop in the LBK—suggestions on some great local stores to buy groceries (like where to buy local meat and produce, clothes, décor, and other miscellaneous items.
- Stay in the LBK—bed and breakfasts, hotels, and apartments, as well as suggestions on real estate agents if you want to purchase a home.
- Do in the LBK—fun things to do with family and friends, right here in Lubbock, as well as great places to see and tour!
- Photo the LBK–local photographers whose beautiful pictures help make this site possible. But don’t just think they’re all about photos of great local businesses: they’re all incredibly talented people who could take beautiful pictures of you or your family!
What you won’t find here:
Again, I have no problem with chain businesses, and even use them a lot. But, my goal here is to promote local businesses, whose roots are right here in the LBK.
This site is also not an attempt to bash places that I don’t like. In fact, you won’t find a negative review written. That’s not my goal, nor is it my favorite kind of thing to write. If I try a place and I love it, you’re going to know. If there is a place that’s not on here it’s because I either haven’t heard about it, haven’t been there, or haven’t had an experience there that I feel is worthy of promoting to you.
If you really want to get the most out of your LBK experience, you should subscribe to our RSS feeds, or follow us on Twitter. We also post lots of great info on our Facebook page, and would love to have you join us.
So thanks for coming along with us, as we enjoy all things Lubbock. And as we do, I hope you might be able to gain something that helps you to enjoy your life in the LBK a little more!